Monday 26 March 2012

Beach

I had a day off today. It was sunny and warm and I was looking forward to spending the day in the garden.

Of course, the neighbours decided that today was therefore the perfect day to finally start mending the fence which blew down in the storm FOUR FECKING MONTHS AGO.

Crash! Bang! Wallop! LOUD DRILLING NOISES! Crash! Bang! Wallop! MORE LOUD DRILLING NOISES!

And then the cement mixer started up.

That was enough. HairyGodlessDaughter was fresh out of hospital and recovering from her recent bout of meningitis by sitting on my sofa scoffing biscuits with her mum (NeatFreakFriend); lovely SingleGirl neighbour on the other side was in a foul mood and needed distracting - so off we went. To the SEASIDE.

I love the seaside. I love it during the winter months right up until the time the summer season starts and you can't walk dogs along the shoreline. Then I hate it. All squawking families, gritty sandwiches and shouting Dads.

Today there were very few squawkers or shouters, and no one pressed a sandwich on me. Instead HGD, Dawg and I paddled and collected shells from the sand while SingleGirl and NFF sashayed along the prom in the sunshine. They caused much more mayhem than we did, traffic slowed so men could shout at them from vans, an elderly gentleman told them they'd reminded him to take his blood pressure medicine, and a lady propositioned SG as she was coming out of Marks and Spencers.

We stuck to shells, sand and barking at the sea.


It was aces. Roll on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment