Monday 5 March 2012

Reconstruction

I've neglected my blog lately. Real Life has jumped in with all sorts of unwelcome events and made it very difficult to make my mind work in any focused direction. 

There has been a tragic and sudden death, an emotionally illiterate (now ex) boyfriend, a fruitless job search and a debilitating illness which won't go away.

However, I've decided that I can't keep wallowing. It is time to get back up and get on. Time to reconstruct my life and head in a direction of my choosing, rather than letting other people make the choices for me. For too long I have reacted to other people's needs, and not considered that the best way to make others happy is to make yourself happy too. 

Spring is springing. I have daffodils in my kitchen, washing hanging on the line, chooks laying and windows open. It is March 2012. If the Mayans were correct, I may only have a few months left to do everything I want to do with my life. If they were wrong, I can't regret making the most out of this year. 

So I'm lifting my chin, taking my happy pills, getting some earlier nights and refusing to believe that this is all there is out there for me.

Wish me luck chaps - and if you hear of a fabulous job you think I'd be great for, tell me please!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Attagirl! Sounds like I need filling in on some parts of this... :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - time for a good de-wallow, regenerationistic va va voomish 'Up yours, Doom and Gloom!' xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know where I am, little Shrew! Things will start to fall into place soon. In the meantime, have a hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND you have a beautiful voice, remember xx

    ReplyDelete